My Chia Seed Review
I usually eat a pretty lite breakfast in the morning and for the last couple weeks have been grinding up flax seeds (They say grinding the flax seeds make them more easily absorbed by your body) and putting them in my cereal. This adds a lot of good omega-3 fatty acids to my breakfast and also dietary fiber.
I came across Chia Seeds when I was reading a magazine article the other day and decided to give them a try. They are really quite an amazing little seed and I am really enjoying them so far.
Benefits of Chia Seeds
- Full of Omega-3 fatty acids – These are the nutrients that are essential for proper brain function
- Easy to incorporate into many different meals and are virtually tasteless
- Do not need to be ground to release their nutrients like flax seed
- Chia seeds form a gel-like substance when they come in contact with moisture. This gel helps you to feel full longer and aids your body in better hydration.
How I have Used Chia Seeds So Far
- Put them into my greek yogurt – Recommended!
- Sprinkled on top of my Kashi cereal – Good, but the gel texture of the seeds might put off some people.
- Blended into one of my lunchtime smoothies – PERFECT! You can’t even tell they are there.
- Stirred into a protein Shake – OK, but you can definitely taste the seeds as you are drinking.
I was able to pick mine up from amazon with free shipping for about $9/pound when i purchased 3 pounds and this should last me a very long time. Let me know if you have any questions and I’ll be happy to help if I can.